24th Apr 2017
17th Apr 2017
10th Apr 2017
27th Mar 2017
20th Mar 2017
13th Mar 2017
I’ve had some website problems lately. Readers let me know that they could no longer follow links from one page to another on The Cattle Raid of Cooley – I’ve fixed that, it should hopefully work okay now, but if there are still problems let me know and I’ll look into them. The prequel, Ness, was also messed up. It was originally drawn in red, but run in black and white, so I’ve decided to re-run the whole thing in red, rescanned from the original art. Check back every Monday for a new page!
Page first published 15 May 2007. Original comments included.
19th Jan 2016
You may remember that in the summer I was in a couple of rehearsed readings of an original musical, The Jazzabelles by Nick Boyle. It’s about three women in 1950s Belfast who overcome adversity to become a jazz singing trio. I played their manager, had a couple of songs, and also designed the poster. Well, the Kickstarter campaign was successful, and the full show is about to go on the road. My part has been recast, but I’m still in it in a smaller role.
The dates are:
- Thursday 11 February, 8pm: Strule Arts Centre, Omagh (book tickets – £10 full price, £8 concession)
- Friday 12 February, 7.30pm: The Old Courthouse Theatre, Antrim (book tickets – £10 full price, £8 concession)
- Saturday 13 February, 8pm: Island Arts Centre, Lisburn (book tickets – £12 full price, £10 concession)
- Friday 19 February, 8pm: Down Arts Centre, Downpatrick (£12 full price, £10 concession)
- Saturday 20 February, 8pm: Market Place Theatre, Armagh (book tickets – £10)
29th Sep 2015
Head over to my bookshop at Comicsy, where you can now buy the final issue of The Cattle Raid of Cooley in print! 48 pages including cover and notes, still only £3.50. And you can also buy the set of 10 for £30, or all ten plus the prequel graphic novel, Ness, for £34.
21st Sep 2015
Inspired by the #artcred hashtag and the panel on it at the ComicCity Festival in Derry the weekend before last, I’ve written a piece on Irish Comic News on how to review comic art.